In an effort to represent African and African American in building a place where we can accomplish our mission and purpose: This resource center will be used to educate our youth in minority neighborhoods, in history, economic and environmental health. We will also teach the importance of African & African American culture while sharing research on various topics.
ROOMS NEEDED FOR THE RESOURCE CENTER
- Social gatherings
- Performing art school
- Indoor passive recreation
- Independence Day celebration of various countries
- Fix the absence of African Arts and cultural groups in New York
- Pursuit of research education
What Are The Goals Of This Project?
To help A.F.U.S. plan for and improve the quality of family
services by improving facilities and increasing collaboration among service
What Are Family Resources?
A range of support services to help families raise healthy children:
– Examples include center-based childcare, Family Service Workers, and itinerant services such as Infant
Learning Programs and public health visits
What Are The Specific Expected Outcomes Of This Project?
Partner with each community to complete a plan to improve family resources
Implement plan for improving services through steps such as:
– Develop plan and design for a “one stop” Family Resource Center by building
new or renovating existing structure(s)
– Work with service providers to implement a team approach to helping families
Successful fundraising and grant writing
Major Benefits of a Family Resource Center:
Remove barriers to effective service delivery – families find all resources under
Improve quality of family services through greater collaboration & team approach
Reduce costs for providing services through sharing equipment, support staff &